Symantec Server Management Suite 7.6 (formerly known as Altiris Server Management Suite) provides IT administrators with a comprehensive server management solution for physical and virtual servers across a broad array of platforms, including Windows, Linux, UNIX and virtual platforms.
The suite provides solutions to provision, control, automate, and monitor servers from a central console. The combination of complete lifecycle functionality built on an integrated framework enables organizations to gain and maintain control of their servers, reduce service interruptions, and increase uptime.
- Heterogeneous server lifecycle management across Windows, Linux, UNIX and virtual platforms
- Integrated virtual machine management minimizes complexity when supporting mixed physical and virtual environments
- Accurate discovery and inventory of hardware and software server configurations
- Image-based and scripted provisioning capabilities reduce build times and ensure that each server configuration is reliable and consistent
- Comprehensive software and patch management proactively manages applications and updates to minimize security risks
- Integrated server monitoring and remediation helps resolve bottlenecks before affecting business functions
- Intuitive Management Interface: Server Management Suite features a new and improved management interface for computers, tasks, policies and software.
- Expanded OS Deployment: Server Management Suite includes additional platform support. Scripted installation support for Solaris.
- Integrated Virtual Machine Management: Server Management Suite provides a consistent management framework across VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V to ease these management burdens.
- Robust Patch Management for Today’s Threats: Server Management Suite improves overall security by providing robust patch management for multiple operating systems and 3rd party applications. Support for all operating system updates, common browsers and plug-ins, and more.
- Measure and Improve IT Performance: Server Management Suite contains advanced analytics and reporting that allow IT organizations to explore data and answer their own questions.
- More Automation, Less Headaches: Server Management Suite helps you define, design and deliver automated IT processes and workflows that drive business.