What is Altiris?
Altiris Deployment Solution 8 offers enhanced workstation and server deployment capability that dramatically reduces the time and cost of deploying and managing your servers.
Symantec™ Deployment Solution helps reduce the cost of deploying and managing servers, laptops, and desktops. The solution offers OS deployment, configuration, PC "personality" migration, and software deployment across hardware platforms and OS types.
Deployment Solution helps reduce end-user downtime by automating the deployment process and increases IT efficiency through automated, repeatable deployment processes.
What's New in version 8
Improved scalability and performance
- Doubled previous single SMP server scalability
- Support for 1X6X35 hierarchies
- Updated public scalability guidelines
- Improved console response time
- Use of FIPS validated encryption algorithms throughout
- Support for servers with FIPS mode enabled
- Seamless migration of CMDB encrypted data to FIPS compliant encryption
User Interface Improvements
- User information is displayed with devices for easy user-based searching and filtering
- Agent health now displays agent plug-in version details to ensure compatibility
- Hundreds of powerful new filter criteria available in filter builder through ‘views’
- New Internet-based help system
- Ability to save a filter report results view as a report
New Platform Support
- Agent support for Windows 10, OS X 10.11, Red Hat 6.6, Red Hat 7, Red Hat 7.1, SuSE Linux 11 SP3, SuSE Linux 12
- Support for SQL Server 2012 SP2
- Support for Task Server on Windows 10
With Altiris Deployment Solution 8 you can:
Fully deploy and configure new PCs in minutes
Mass-deploy hardware-independent images of a reference system to new and existing systems using Symantec Ghost technology. Migrate to the latest Windows version- move user data, personality settings, OS and application settings to the new operating system
Backup and Restore PCs by just Clicking a Button
Easily create jobs and tasks that automate deployment and migration functions including imaging, scripted OS installations, configurations, and software deployments.
Easy Software Distribution
Supports WinPE and Linux pre-boot environments. Role-and-scope-based security secures management features from unauthorized personnel
- Make registry changes on one or more PCs with a single click
- Schedule management tasks for your convenience
- Remotely browse , diagnose and repair problems on systems
- Wizards help you build events to perform common management tasks
- Includes PC Transplant for quickly transferring PC files and settings from one computer to another
- Reduces costs associated with OS migration, deployment, and provisioning desktops, laptops, and servers throughout the organization
- Saves time and reduces human error over traditional PC deployments
- Reduces end-user downtime by automating the OS deployment process
- Increases IT efficiency through automated, repeatable deployment tasks
- Provides tools for zero-touch OS migrations, to reduce costs associated with moving to a new operating system